Tuesday, August 12, 2008

London Retrospect

London

Two weeks relaxing here at my family's estate have brought back some of the perspective between hectic city life and small town chill close to the nature. Although I could not settle down in a small town, I think one definitely needs the place to retreat and recharge your batteries. Beside, I think I've never been so productive as during my time here.

Most importantly I've been thinking of London, Jade, LSBU, MoS and all those times the 5 years gave. I try to summarize the time a bit.

First of all, London changed me totally. No surprise there. I don't want to analyse London life too much, but rather concentrate on giving glimpse of the memorable moments that I cherish. My time with London was like sex: There were good times that turned bad, and after a moments of struggle reaching a climax that was short but extremely explosive. hmmm.....and finally after the high, one has to come down...

BA Arts Management degree. I moved to London for this. Right from the beginning I was hooked especially on the british way of learning. You listen to the lecturer for couple of hours and the you gather together on seminars to talk about the day's subject matter. This exchange of opinions is extremely valuable. In addition, the degree gave good friends and gave me skills to get on understanding the relationships of music and picture. Thanks to Suzy Kerr-Pertic for mentoring.

Camberwell ghetto. Because of my personal experiences with the district, although there is a great arts college and beautiful locations nearby on Forest Hill. Beautiful mornings coming home, fucked up nights with Shara and mostly the 'summer of death'. Starting with mugging after a night out, followed by cold ex-con's execution right in front of my eyes and finished up with a fistfight with my landlord over painted walls. Still Camberwell had character and holds a dear place in my heart. Mainly by taking away much of my innocence.

Crossover of Senses. My greatest project to date, and is still going strong. After studying merging of music and video on academic level, I decided to go out and use much of my spare time understanding the marketplace, artists and audience preferences. I believe this enabled me to find a good niche in artistic works and which is a cutting edge movement in city cultures.

MoSTV. The team that kept me sane, and believed in me. I am so greatfull for all the opportunities and support received. Pedro, Victoria, Assia, James, Josh and Stephanie. I'm always there for you guys. Most of all, the week in Miami really burned bright and we did something extraordinary, and we all should keep that flame alive in the future.

Jade, the burning flame I could not handle.

No comments: