Monday, September 10, 2007

Pump It Up

Log + Architecture


Pump It UpWhat makes men fly? What makes girls fly? I would say sex, and for the latter one dance. And thats what my Sunday was all about. No, I did not spend it having sex all day or dancing, but more in the visual sense. I had the pleasure to shoot the Behind The Scenes of Pump It Up fitness DVD, to be released by Ministry of Sound. The Sunday 9th September was a, well different one, especially because of the location. On top of the gleaming City Hall of London

Waking up early 7am, I had a quick shower and breakfast. Then out the door heading towards the river Thames. After some of security checks, I finally was able take the gleaming lift up to the ninth floor of the City Hall. Must say, I'm already been admiring the building because of the architecture and the fact that it is very energy efficient. The building for example has sun panels on the roof, designed with the rest of the architechture.

Arriving at the set I was first greeted with MoS's Nicola and the choreographer Gareth Walker. Mr. Walker by the way is one of the top one in the UK and that did show, man. Like the director mentioned at the end, every single fitness routine went down on first take. I was impressed on the professionality of the whole cast and crew.

Mostly I concentrated on the gorgeous dancers Stephanie, Franky and Emma. My Behind the Scenes concentrated on the girls and I did try to follow the day from their point of view. Most of the work was done in couple of hours and then it as for the boring part of all film shoot. Waiting and waiting. This Behind the Scene shoot did end up being literally behind...tough one, but someone's gotta do it. Tomorrow I'm having another shoot in MoS, but that I cannot tell you about it right now. Its top secret.

Shots taken with mobilephone.
London


Pump It Up


Pump It Up

No comments: