Friday, January 05, 2007

New York, New York pt.1

Travel

Just arrived to this beautiful city. First reaction is still a bit unbalanced. I was so tired last night when arrived that barely remember anything from the Times Square trip. New Years Eve's 36h of work at MoS just took too much to recover.

The one week shot shot of beautiful New York is hitting hard and good. I remember the moment when I sat down in the American Airlines seat on flight AA105 from London to New York. I remember thinking to myself that I need to go, that it is like these lips can tell only what these eyes have seen. Photographs are only a window, but you have to see what is behind the photograph.

It is like you can believe or not. The scenery behind makes it real, full-on experience. The moment my plane rose from the gray covered scenery of London's Heathrow, so lifted the weight on my shoulders. NYE was really memorable treat in good and bad, where I pushed myself to limit and needed this break. However, gliding over the cloud capped Atlantic Ocean proved to be a nice one. sitting next to an AIDS researcher Gash from San Diego, we talked everything from childhood travels to political situation in Iraq.

At the touchdown to JFK my heartbeat jumped. Here I was, in the city I have been dreaming since forever. I took off to Manhattan with a yellow cap (of course!) and my driver Franklin. He proved to be a avid Jazz fan, expecially from France. We jammed to it, and when the Empire State Building was rising above the other massive skyscrapers, 'New York, New York' by my buddy Frank was playing as I asked Franklin to do so.

However, next two weeks should give me some insight and some good film footage for my current project's pilot. I am staying in a nice Chelsea Star Hostel , next to Empire State Building. Relaxed down to earth place with multi-cultural traveller scene and very very affordable prices. Highly recommended.

No comments: