Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Minor Tones

Thoughts


Beggar


To be honest, I think I'm more after the easy life than the little bohemian artist inside wants to be. I have nothing but good things to say about the people, though their current government is betraying the whole human kind for the sake of profits. That is beside the point however, as I wanted to talk about a situation that evolved last weekend in a lounge bar. A dude, dressed in an expensive suit, asks this from my friend.


"Where are you from?"
"England"
"Nice, very cool. I am from California, Los Angeles."
(I give away short laugh, for the obviously cocky manner he used)
"Why are you smiling like that? You must be jeaulous."
(Silencio)


Right, just why the hell would he think I am jealous for him. California is great in many ways...really it is, and I would move there if the opportunity should provide me the chance. Or to be precise, I do have the chance all the time, though have chosen to take another direction than moving there right now. Actually I think I'm more jealous for the homeless ones living in Barcelona than for him living in LA.

So what I am trying to say is that, stop being so god damn simple minded. Life is not always about sunshine, money and girls (although most of the time it is...). And beside, repetition kills you. The cookie you eat everyday, will soon taste like dust. Sometimes I admire my dad for his favourite hobby:

Sitting beside the lake, alone and just thinking.

No comments: