Saturday, June 21, 2008

Jaded Red Lips

Poem


Kiss, while your lips are still red
Miss, while you are not in my bed
Wish, to be there with
I believe

She will be loved

Beauty queen, mind sharp as a knife
Came and took over my life
After a night together, fooling around
We laughed and time stood still

So she will be loved

Sometimes time with you was a sad song
And one of us was a cheap conjurer
With all the pain that we’ve gone through
Mama I’ve been crying for you too long

So she will be loved

Why couldn’t you tell me the truth now
I can’t see you belonging to someone else
I’ve had you so many times
But somehow I want more

So she will be loved

If I am letting you down
It is because I want to lift you up
Now this city is making me crazy
And I need to get out

Still she will be loved...forever
I will not give up on you...Jade

Inspired and written while listening to Maroon 5.

No comments: