Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Leaving London

Thoughts

LondonSo, it has happened. After just 2 months of planning, I left the amazing London. I am not sure if I will drag my ass back to the city, most likely will, or will I take another direction to lets say New York. I prefer the latter one to be honest. Or China sounds interesting as well, not least because of the economic development in Asia. 21th Century will belong to China.

However, 5 years in London were a ride I was looking for and I cannot be but thankful. In a retrospect, what did I learned from this city of eternal smoke? Like I have often said, I loved London because it has given me so much shit. I think the whole reason for London life versus the secure nest in the north, was to run away from the numbness that was crawling on me back in 2003. I needed to fall down to be able to pick myself again.

One major factor, of course, was the Arts Management course. Those years of studying, reading and debating about points of view completely overhauled most of my beliefs about creative process. However, outcome is an understanding that gives me ability to face and take on challenges. I learned how to use my personal strengths, and bravely went to use them in VJ and online TV industries.

Surely, living deep in South London was another main factor. Seeing a man shot 100m from your doorsteps, being mugged, your landlord attacking and running out of cash, finally forcing one to sneak into the nightlife London. The nightlife being the final stepping point into what I call my army training. How different it would have been in the north?

However, now it is time to move on. Final blow for this major step came from the one love. A person I could die for, Jade, as I cannot face London without her. No doubt time will heal the wounds, and maybe enable me to return, but not for a while, no. Still, even this fall on over love does teach something...well...like the theme that Christopher Nolan directed Batman Begins revolves around:

"Mr Wayne, why do we fall? So that we learn to pick ourselves up again".


The discipline to focus myself in the last 2 years after graduation has enabled me to leave my mark into the London nightlife. These years crystalized many ideas, some of which I plan to execute next.

Below a photo of the great MoSTV team. Good times.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

More power to you my friend!!!!!!!
time heals all :)

Pedro said...

Dude, who was this camera from? who took this pic? great one.

Teppo Hudson said...

Pedro, I believe it was Stephanie's and I got it from her some time ago. Can send it you if you need.