Sunday, May 20, 2007

Live Lounge @ Ministry of Sound

Performance




Sometimes life is good, and on this blessed May Sunday in 2007 life really is good. Yesterday morning started off slowly with a delicious english breakfast as my local coffee joint. I needed to load myself with a massive breakfast to take through out the day and night. Afternoon went on chilling and nervously waiting for the evening to set upon London.

As I've learned so many times in the past, (especially with Velcra) no production is without its last minute hassle. And Live Lounge is no exception to this rule. On 6pm I got a call from MoS technician that we would need one extra S-video cable, and issue that was too small to notice during the set up. An obviously by now it was Saturday evening with no electrical stores open. So I quickly took my keys and run to the Tube, in order to go the West End. Surely there is some stores open still. Well, there wasn't. Luckily one small side street store was just about to close its doors when I knock at them to "please, can I still buy one cable?". All good at the end.

There I was standing with the cable in West End. Its almost 9pm and I should already be at the Ministry. After a eventful run to the club, I get there to start making sure all is set up. Finally, the night is about to start, I give away my promoter speech at the staff meeting and all look really exciting.

Overall I was really nervous at the beginning, and the night was kinda numb because I have been managing the room for a year now (reminder for myself: need to go to other clubs as well!). Some technical problems were encountered, doors opened and I saw people actually preferring my room over such stars as Gilles Peterson. That made me relaxed. Throughout the night all went really well, we received praising from the management and staff. The best part was though the clubbers response. We must have done something right.

As a summary, from 200 audience two months ago to 2000. I can't complain, even though I saw some small issues to attend for the next one. Massive thanks to Ibz, Ed, Gary, Andy, MoS Staff and all the rest who came to MoS that night. The next one is on 16th June. We are aiming to make it even better.





No comments: