Friday, May 25, 2007

Richmond Park Run

London


Today dawned with an early wake up, even before my alarm around 8am (which is stunningly early for me). After a check on weather "sunny, that's nice", quick morning shower and check on emails, I took for a little adventure to run around Richmond Park. Now, for you who do not know, the Richmond Park is the jewel in this congested metropolis, a vast open space famous for its deers and low flying planes landing on the nearby Heathrow Airport. And the park is huge, I mean HUGE!

Its like retreating to a tranquil meditation, where your spirit can actually relax. Your heart is not beating, like it would when you are driving 200km/h on the wrong lane (..hmm...I think I'll start descriping Ministry of Sound as that).

So by now you might get that I really do like Richmond Park. The beauty is that even me, who is living right in middle of the city near London Bridge, can retreat to nature and slow down for a moment. Check it out yourself. Here are some photos around the park....Oh the run? It took 2,5 hours with few rest and then I walked through the park. Next time under 2h. Promise.

No comments: